In a week, when exams are over, I promise myself that I will:
1) Take two days to write fiction instead of academic prose.
2) Bake something divine.
3) Spend at least four consecutive days not thinking about school. This shall include (though is by no means limited to): current program, thesis idea, thesis research, GRE, future prospective grad schools, and future academic career. Theory review and voice/piano pedagogy are also off-limits (all three will likely be thought about on all other days, with the exception of Christmas).
4) Subsequently, make a plan of action about how to rock the ever-loved socks off of next semester.
5) Read historical fiction while having a bubble bath and drinking winter cider.
6) Play the piano and sing as much as I bloody well want!
7) Look into getting some art and photographs for my bedroom so I will not continue to live surrounded by white upon white upon white.
8) Spend time with family and friends.
9) Read the stack of books that are tantalizingly stacked beside my bed.
10) Sleep.
Erstwhile, I am off to the library to study.
No comments:
Post a Comment