I think my entire theory class collectively feels like the midterm could have gone better.
I spent most of last night beating myself up because my mind couldn't categorize all the sonata theme groups from two listenings, and so I probably got most of the section wrong, and probably got, at best, a B on the exam.
I don't consider a B good enough. Actually, I don't even consider a B+ good enough. Anything less than 90, in anything, and I'm furious at myself. While it's probably a good thing that I have high goals and high standards, there really does come a point when I need to step back, and reflect. And points when I need to just forgive myself, and move on.
It's not like I didn't study, and it's not like I haven't done the work (I have an 85% average on the homework). Since this was the midterm, not the final, it's not like there won't be other chances to try harder, learn more, and do better.
Also, 'tis the season of crunch-time, and I have an essay on Wordsworth to hammer out over the next six hours, a Global History midterm next week which I need to rock the socks off of, and a whole bunch of German words/grammar concepts to memorize. I don't have *time* to do anything other than forgive myself, and move on to the next GPA-determining factor.
Deep breath, another drink of coffee, and off to German class.
No comments:
Post a Comment