Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sleep in Bed, Not in Class

Yesterday, I fell asleep at midnight, while sprawled across my bed reading. I woke up three hours later with my hair covering my face, my back screaming in agony from the way it had been arched for the past three hours, and the earrings I'd taken out before reading, but not moved to the night table, digging into my stomach (the shapes, not the hooks...thank God).

This does not a rejuvenating sleep make, and Tuesdays are my insane day (six hours of class and usually three to four hours of studying). It's going to be interesting (at least I don't have to sight-sing).

In spite of this lack of restful sleep, I need to study theory. I do NOT have the energy to think about Augmented Sixth chords. However, whatever I can come up with today is bound to be better than Theory class on Thursday, before which I took Benadryl to try and get through the class in spite of epic pollen allergies, and instead sat in the class in a zombie like state trying to remember what a minor vs. major third sounded like.

The moral of the story, boys and girls? Don't take Benadryl before going to a class about advanced, complex, often quite abstract matters. Because it's really embarrassing when your professor looks at you, and you're sleeping in your chair. Especially when said professor admitted you into the Honours program less than a week ago.

Yeah, not my finest moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment