Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Last Academic Year in Natural Highs

Early morning sunrises.
Music History class.
Getting choir folders full of new music.
Arriving on campus at 7AM, leaving at 11:30PM.
Haydn.
London Fogs and Croissants with Chelsey.
Watching opera clips in Music History Class.
Overcoming my pathological fear of blank manuscript paper to realize that I love composing.
Breakfast, when I actually ate it.
The incredibly nerd conversations my roommate and I would have about politics.
Good cups of coffee.
Long chats with Tyler about Wagner.
Call me crazy, but, theory class.
Acing Musicianship tests!
Wrapping my brain around Don Giovanni and Mozart's Requiem.
Singing high notes.
Baking sugar cookies and cupcakes and chocolate chip banana bread.
The Madama Butterfly party!
Chats with Tori and Eryn.
The Rankins.
Halloween.
Concert after concert after concert. How I miss them.
Discovering new music.
Morning mass and brunch.
All my visits to old bookstores.
Late nights and early mornings at my piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment